Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tetro by Francis Ford Coppola

I finally watched Tetro last night and there were a lot of things to like about it.

Going into the film I felt sympathy for Frances Ford Coppola (FFC) for finally being able to return to his art house beginnings since The Conversation.

And sure I could be all cynical and wonder what FFC's been doing all these years since The Godfather besides his vineyard but who am I to judge when I'm going on month 9 of studying for a project management certification exam? Even though FFC's got buckets and buckets of money doesn't mean he doesn't have responsibilities. But I digress.

Tetro is indeed art house fare.

LOVED
- the cinematography
- the casting
- the acting

DIDN'T LOVE
- the soundtrack
- the editing (sorry Walter Murch)
- a story that was interesting but kinda lost me at the end
- the story line with the critic
- some of the visualization scenes

I found this film visually stunning and thought the casting was excellent and I was transported but there some of the scenes that were confusing and didn't even need to exist. At the end of the film, I was plain confused and no longer transported.

Despite my criticisms I still think this film is pretty wonderful and worth a watch.



Here's the trailer

No comments: